Saturday, March 16, 2013

MyImouto v1.0.2 - Search post data in other boorus

Do you want to have all the tags possible for your posts, have the original source of the image, or just compare data from other boorus with yours?

You can now do this with the "Search external data" feature that comes with v1.0.2.

How does it work?


1. Choose an image you want to update.


This post has little tags and, look to its source! I want to update the data!
2. Click the link Search external data link in the Options panel.

Yay!
3. You'll be linked to another page. Wait for the data to be loaded and a list of results will show.

Woot, tons of tags!
4. You can click on each tag to add it to your post. You can also click the "add all" text to add all tags from that result. Or simply click the "Merge all tags" button and all tags will be added.

Yeah, tags!
5. To update the source, click on the one you like the most and the Source text field will be replaced with the Source you clicked.

Finally, the original source!
6. Once your data is ready, click the "Update" button. Your data will be saved and your post will be updated.


Note: If you dont like tags from a certain result, and don't want them to be merged with the "Merge all tags" button, click on the header of the result to hide it and prevent its tags to be merged.


And that's it! Your post now has all the tags it could have, and its source is the original one.


Any suggestion for this feature is welcome.

5 comments:

  1. Seems good so far, external data feature is great, big ups for that one. Makes going through tagme posts a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And next patch will include a script so you can do this for all posts in your database.

    Probably also the option to do this upon upload.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I've been trying, in vain, to set up myimouto for several versions now, however it is simply not working for me.

    I have managed to get to the point where the installation is complete (i.e. it shows the title page), but even to do that I had to go to the git repo and fetch the .css and .js files manually, as they were not included in the public/ package.

    However, another problem remains, as accessing any pages other than the title one is simply impossible. The corresponding pages cannot be found (the inspection of the logs shows that apache searches /usr/local/www/myimouto/public for them, while I'm assuming there is some clever trickery going on to send it over to the app/ and other dirs?).

    Is this the problem with php or virtual hosts configuration, or?.. Any suggestions on resolving this would be helpful, as I'd really rather not install the whole of Rails on my fileserver just to sort the images...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, look down there. I commented instead of replying. My bad.

      Anyway, ignore that reply because after doing some checks, what you say is true. I tried to install 1.0.2 and I had no Javascripts or CSS.

      Man, what a mess. The system goes through a lot of changes, I get confused myself with so many things, and I end up screwing stuff so bad~

      Well, let's hope the new 1.0.4 version will be stable enough. Please try installing 1.0.4 and if you get problems, let me know again.

      Delete
  4. Hello~

    You say you "had to go to the git repo to get the .css and js". Sorry if I'm wrong but that shows to me that you haven't followed the installation instructions, because the git repo is never mentioned, and it's noted there how to get the public files (you have to download the "Base /public folder" file).

    The installation is pretty simple (probably confusing at first). It's basically "configure Apache, check PHP config, configure your booru, create a database, click a button".

    I can help you but I need to know what error or message you get when you go to other pages. You say the other pages can't be found. What is the exact URL you try to access and what exactly do you see? I can't tell what the problem is (php or vhosts) if I don't know this info.

    Instead of replying here, consider opening an Issue for your problem:
    https://code.google.com/p/my-imouto-booru/issues/list

    ReplyDelete