Sunday, September 28, 2014

Development on hiatus

The development of the new version of MyImouto, or more correctly, of the base for it (i.e., the beloved framework) has been on stop for some time now, and even if I continue developing it, I doubt I'll continue developing MyImouto.

For the remake I was thinking of using my framework, refactor the code of the booru so it stops being the mess it currently is, and using AngularJS (although Angular would change the URLs for the APIs). But taking a framework to a stable level by myself alone is a pretty hard job that takes a lot of time (it's somewhat stable but definitely not enough), plus I'm still new to AngularJS so it would take me more time to handle it well enough to use it correctly for such a project. In short, it would take me a lot, lot of time to release any new version of MyImouto.

Someone at Github said he could mantain MyImouto. According to issue #79, he would use the cool (and stable) Laravel framework for the remake, which of course would be a lot better for the community.

I probably should simplify my framework, because it has some rather complex functionality (taken from RoR that has many years around) that don't fit the current web development world, especially if you use things like AngularJS which, I think, must be my standard now. ActiveRecord is big and its associations are complex; ActionView could be more simple. The testing suit... uh. Still a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment