Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Work in progress: version 1.0.6

The next release of the MyImouto is, as usual, taking a while because, as usual, I'm doing huge changes to the code. But this time, to the framework.

Some things that will come in 1.0.6:

  • Improved database queries for post#index.*
  • Enabled some caching that were missing for complex queries.
  • Framework now supports Memcached for caching (much faster).
  • Improved framework overall.


And a lot more... fixes and additions and stuff.

* With 200k rows in the posts table, post#index would take up to 30-40 seconds to load. After these changes, it now takes up to 3 seconds or less. Which is still slow but a lot better than before anyway.

5 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm trying to install my-imouto to a local web page and host it on my own computer. I have followed your guide on the github and i get though every step, but after i get to the install step I get the girl holding the broken doll with "an error has occured" along the bottom of the page. No details. Needless to say I am very lost and would like your help with getting this thing up and running. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Try checking the log/errors.log file. If it exists, what does it say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [26-Sep-2013 01:59:36 CEST][no request]
      Symfony\Component\Yaml\Exception\ParseException raised
      Reference "login" does not exist in "C:\/xampp\/htdocs\/myimouto\/config\/database.yml" at line 8 (near "

      [26-Sep-2013 01:59:58 CEST][no request]
      Symfony\Component\Yaml\Exception\ParseException raised
      Reference "login" does not exist in "C:\/xampp\/htdocs\/myimouto\/config\/database.yml" at line 8 (near "

      I made sure that the sql database matched my login in config.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to try a fresh install of everything and get back to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the contents of the database.yml file? Apparently a needed line was deleted.
      You can also go to
      https://code.google.com/p/my-imouto-booru/issues/list
      to post your error there, instead of here.

      Delete