Friday, June 22, 2012

Removing MySQL support

Does anyone use MySQL instead of PDO for MyImouto?

I think I'll remove support for this in the next version. PDO is much more secure and better, there's no much reason to keep MySQL.

Those who use MySQL please enable the PDO extension for PHP (if not enabled) and change the driver to 'pdo' in config/app_config.php.

Sorry for the trouble this may cause.

I know this is a ghost-blog but I'm doing my part of asking and letting "everyone" know. lol.

3 comments:

  1. I'm using MySQL and it works fine.

    I have never used PDO before, but if it was much more secure and better, so doesnt matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Please switch to PDO, you only need to enable the extension and change the driver in app_config.php. I edited the post to add this.

    ReplyDelete